10 Ways to Boost Male Fertility and Increase Sperm Count
10 ways to boost male fertility (including sperm count)By adopting these simple steps in their daily lives, men can increase their fertility as well as their sperm count. Here are 10 ways of achieving this goal:
- Maintain a healthy weight: Being overweight or obese can affect the quality and quantity of your sperm, which can lead to fertility issues. It is thus, important to maintain an ideal body mass index (BMI) by following a healthy diet and remaining physically active.
- Eat a healthy diet: Include plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables in your daily diet as these are rich in antioxidants which play a vital role in improving sperm health. Cut down on processed food, foods that contain trans-fat, alcohol, caffeine, red meat, etc. as these are linked to low quality semen. Consuming walnuts on a regular basis may significantly improve sperm vitality.
- Stay away from sexually transmitted infections (STIs): A major cause of infertility in men is being exposed to sexually transmitted infections such as chlamydia and gonorrhea. Avoid sex with multiple partners and always use a condom while having sex. Staying in a mutually monogamous relationship with an uninfected partner is the safest bet against STIs.
- Manage stress levels: Stress can have a direct effect on your relationship with your partner and lower either of the partner’s sex drive. Ongoing stress can also limit sperm production by interfering with the hormones needed to produce sperms. Trying to conceive a baby can be stressful, especially if you and your partner have been aiming for it for long. Take time to de-stress and relax yourself by practicing meditation and yoga.
- Get into an active lifestyle: Exercising regularly not only maintains your body weight but also keeps stress at bay. Engaging in some form of moderate physical activity can increase the levels of powerful antioxidant enzymes in the body, which can help protect sperm.
- Refrain from smoking: Men who are in the habit of smoking are most likely to suffer from low sperm counts. Even passive smoking or second-hand smoke can have serious implications on you and your partner. For females, breathing in the smoke from your cigarettes can limit their ability to become pregnant.
- Limit alcohol consumption: Heavy drinking can result in reduced testosterone production, reduced sperm production, and impotence. Drinking in moderation is the key to this problem.
- Avoid exposure to toxins: Sperm quality and quantity is affected by exposure to pesticides, lead, or other toxins. If you must work with toxins in a hazardous environment, ensure that you wear protective safety equipment such as safety goggles, hand gloves, etc. to avoid direct skin contact with chemicals.
- Pop a multi-vitamin: Coenzyme Q10 (CoQ10) is an antioxidant that is naturally produced in your body. Often, we consume it in food and as a nutritional supplement. This antioxidant is known to bring about improvement in sperm integrity and motility, making it ideal for men with azoospermia, poor sperm motility, and poor sperm concentration.
- Stay cool: A rise in scrotal temperature can hamper sperm production. It is advisable to wear loose-fitting underwear, avoiding saunas and hot baths, and limiting scrotum exposure to warm objects, such as laptop and mobile phone, as these acts can impair sperm quality.
Treatment for Erectile Dysfunction: Can Penile Implants Help? Erectile dysfunction (ED) is a prevalent condition affecting men, characterized by the consistent inability to achieve or
Nutritional Approaches to Improve Male Fertility: Diet and Supplements Nutrition significantly influences male fertility by providing essential elements necessary for hormonal balance, sperm production, and
The Role of Hormones in Premature Ejaculation: Exploring the Connection Premature Ejaculation (PE) is a prevalent sexual dysfunction that affects men all over the world.
Erectile Dysfunction and Relationship Dynamics: Communication and Intimacy Erectile dysfunction, also known as ED, refers to the difficulty or inability to achieve and sustain an
Sensitive Penis: A common cause of Premature Ejaculation: Causes, Treatment, When to Seek Help & More
Sensitive Penis: A common cause of Premature Ejaculation: Causes, Treatment, When to Seek Help & More Sensitive penis or penile sensitivity refers to the level