Dr. Pramod Krishnappa
MBBS, MS (Surg), DNB (Uro), ChM (Edinburgh), Fellow Andrology
Sr. Consultant Andrologist – Dept. of Urology, NU Hospitals
- Graduated from the prestigious Bangalore Medical College
- European Society for Sexual Medicine ( ESSM) Penile Implant Fellowship at Madrid , Spain
- European Urology Scholarship Program ( EUSP) in Penile reconstruction and gender reassignment surgeries at Belgrade , Serbia.
- Visiting Fellow in Male Fertility at the University of Illinois at Chicago (UIC) , USA.
- MIUC Travelling Fellowship in Onco sexology and Onco fertility at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center ( MSKCC) NewYork.
- Recipient of Urological Association of Asia ( UAA) Youth Section Fellowship award 2021 and ISAR Best Research Award – Clinician 2022
Area of Expertise :
- Primary / Secondary male infertility
- Semen / Sperm issues: Azoospermia (Obstructive and Non-obstructive), Oligo-astheno-teratospermia (OAT)
- Klinefelter syndrome
Male Sexual Dysfunction:
- Erectile dysfunction (ED)
- Unconsummated marriage
- Premature (early) ejaculation
- Anejaculation (Inability to ejaculate)
- Hypogonadism (Low testosterone hormone)
- Peyronies disease (Curved penis with hard plaque in penis)
- Congenital penile curvature (without hard plaque)
- Penile fracture
- Small Penis
Common Andrology Conditions/Issues Treated :
- Penile implant surgery (Inflatable and malleable)
- Vacuum erection device
- Penile intra-cavernosal injection (ICI) therapy
- Penile doppler scan
- Artificial urinary sphincter or Male Urethral sling for post-prostatectomy urinary leak
- Cosmetic procedures of penis: Frenuloplasty, circumcision, Penile filler injections
- Buried penis correction: Pubic Lipectomy, Liposuction, scrotoplasty
- Penile curvature corrections: Plication, Grafts, Penile Traction devices
- Neophallus Reconstruction
- Testosterone replacement therapy: gels, Injections, Subcutaneous pellet insertion
- Testicular implants
- Microscopic vasectomy reversal
- Microscopic varicocele surgery
- Penile vibrator for semen collection
- TESA (TEsticular Sperm Aspiration)
- TESE (TEsticular Sperm Extraction)
- PESA (Percutaneous Epididymal Sperm Aspiration)
- Micro-TESE (Microdissection TESE)
- Sperm freezing/ Cryopreservation
- Premarital fertility workup
- Urological Association of Asia (UAA) Youth Section Fellowship 2021
- European School of Urology (ESU) courses on Office Management Of Male Sexual Dysfunction and The Infertile Couple - Urological aspects- London (UK)
- European Society of Sexual Medicine (ESSM) Penile Implant Fellowship Madrid (Spain)
- European Urology Scholarship Program for Penile Reconstruction and Gender Reassignment Surgery Belgrade (Serbia)
- International Society of Sexual Medicine (ISSM) Scholarship to attend the ESSM School of Sexual Medicine- Budapest (Hungary)
- Male Infertility (Andrology) Visiting Fellow in University Of Illinois at Chicago (UIC), USA
- "Manipal Best Published Paper" award for Penimaster PRO Penile traction therapy at Karnataka Urology Association KUACON 2019 at Ballari, Karnataka
- Received "The Edinburgh Surgery Online Global Scholarship 2019" from the University of Edinburgh, UK
- Millennium International Urology Conference(MIUC) Travelling Fellowship 2020 awarded by Association of Southern Urologists(ASU) - SZUSI
- European Urology Residents Education Program EUREP 2016 at Prague, Czech Republic
- Committee Member: Subspecialty cell (Andrology & Men's Health) of Urological Society of India (USI) 2020-2022.
- Panel member: USI "Male Infertility" guidelines (published in 2020)
Journals (Krishnappa P) :
- Surgical Outcomes and Patient Satisfaction With the Low-Cost, Semi-Rigid Shah Penile Prosthesis: A boon to the Developing Countries. Sexual Medicine 2021 https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/34274823/
- Risk Factors For Revision After Artificial Urinary Sphincter Implantation In Male Patients With Stress Urinary Incontinence: A Ten-Year Retrospective Study. International Neurourology Journal (INJ) 2021
- Cadaveric Penile Prosthesis Workshop training improves surgical confidence levels of urologists: South Asian Society for Sexual Medicine course survey. International Journal of Urology 2020. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/32776406/
- Home modeling after penile prosthesis implantation in the management of residual curvature in Peyronie's disease. International Journal of Impotence Research 2020. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/32641777/
- Vacuum Physiotherapy after First Stage Buccal Mucosa Graft (BMG) Urethroplasty in Children with Proximal Hypospadias. International Brazilian Journal of Urology 2020. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/32822133/
- Intraoperative and postoperative complications of penile implant surgery. Diagnosis and treatment. Actas urologicas espan~olas 2020. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/32532509/
- Surgical management of Peyronie's Disease with co-existent Erectile Dysfunction. Sexual Medicine 2019. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/31540882
- Prevalence, assessment and surgical correction of penile curvature in hypospadias patients treated at one European Referral Center: Description of the technique and surgical outcomes. World Journal of Urology 2020. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/31654219
- Sildenafil/Viagra in the treatment of premature ejaculation. International Journal of Impotence Research 2019. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/30837718
- Complications Of Robot Assisted Radical Prostatectomy. Asociacion Espanola de Urologia 2019. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/30945653
- Penile traction therapy with the new device 'Penimaster PRO' is effective and safe in the stable phase of Peyronie's disease: a controlled multicenter study. British Journal of Urology International 2019. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/30365247
- Re: A Prospective Randomised Placebo-controlled Study of the Impact of Dutasteride/Tamsulosin Combination Therapy on Sexual Function Domains in Sexually Active Men with Lower Urinary Tract Symptoms (LUTS) Secondary to Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (BPH). European Urology 2019. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/30391083
- Corporeal penile curvature (CPC) and surgical complications in hypospadias repairs: Associations and outcomes. European Urology Supplement 2019. https://doi.org/10.1016/S1569-9056(19)30552-4
- Malignant refractory priapism: An urologist's nightmare. Urology Annals 2019. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/31040614
- The effect of annual hospital volume on perioperative outcomes after urethroplasty. European Urology Supplement 2019. https://doi.org/10.1016/S1569-9056(19)30380-X
- A Prospective Study to Evaluate the Efficacy of Botulinum Toxin-A in the Management of Dysfunctional Voiding in Women. Clinical Medicine Insights: Women's Health 2018. https://doi.org/10.1177/1179562X18811340
- Dihydroxyadenine stone with adenine phosphoribosyltransferase deficiency. Indian Journal of Urology 2017. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28717278
- Supracostal percutaneous nephrolithotomy: A prospective comparative study. Indian Journal of Urology 2016. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26941494
- Scrotal calcinosis: A rare entity. Australian and New Zealand Journal of Surgery 2011. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21342405
- Unproved tuberculous lesion of penis: A rare cause of saxophone penis treated by a therapeutic trial of anti-tubercular therapy. Indian Journal of Medical Sciences. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23250292
- ESSM Textbook of Urogenital Prosthetic Surgery. Madrid- Spain: Editorial Médica Panamericana (2020). ISBN: 978-84-9110-699-9.
- Chapter 1: Patient and Device Selection. Penile Implant Surgery - Contemporary Challenges and Controversies. 2021 (ISBN: 978-3-030-82362-7)
- Chapter 15: Penile Implants. Peyronie's Disease: Pathophysiology and Treatment. (ISBN: 978-0-12-819468-3) https://doi.org/10.1016/B978-0-12-819468-3.00015-X
- Chapter 8: Erectile restoration (Inflatable Penile Prosthesis Placement)- basic scrotal and infrapubic techniques. Textbook of Urogenital Prosthetic Surgery: Erectile Restoration & Urinary Incontinence (ISBN: 978-84-9110-699-9)
- Chapter 13: Inflatable Penile Prosthesis & corporal fibrosis. Textbook of Urogenital Prosthetic Surgery: Erectile Restoration & Urinary Incontinence (ISBN: 978-84-9110-699-9)
- Chapter 14: Inflatable Penile Prosthesis and Peyronie's Disease. Textbook of Urogenital Prosthetic Surgery: Erectile Restoration & Urinary Incontinence (ISBN: 978-84-9110-699-9)
International Presentations :
- Unconsummated marriage: Findings and outcomes of Couples visiting and Andrology clinic” (abstract 335) at the annual meeting of Sexual Medicine Society of North America (SMSNA-ISSM) on 29th October 2022, Miami.
- "A systematic review of modeling in Peyronie's disease" (Abstract 226) at the Virtual World Meeting on Sexual Medicine (WMSM) 2021, Japan
- "Cadaveric Penile Prosthesis Workshop training improves surgical confidence levels of Urologists: South Asian Society of Sexual Medicine Course Survey" (UOP-1103) on October 15- 17, 2020 at Urological Association of Asia (UAA) Virtual Annual Congress 2020, Seoul, South Korea
- Home-modeling after Penile Prosthesis Implantation is a viable option for the management of residual curvature in Peyronie's disease (Abstract ID: 19-6476) on 5th May 2019 at American Urological Association (AUA) Annual Congress in Chicago, USA.
- Role of Retrograde Intrarenal Surgery in the management of Urinary Tract Infection complicated by Renal Papillary Necrosis (Abstract C-EPID-5339) on 22/07/2016 at Urological Association of Asia (UAA) Annual Congress 2016 in Singapore.
Professional Memebership :
- American Urological Association (AUA)
- International Society for Sexual Medicine (ISSM)
- South Asian Society for Sexual Medicine (SASSM)
- Urological Association of Asia (UAA)
- Indian Medical Association
- Urological Society of India (USI)
- Indian Fertility Society
- Indian Society of Assisted Reproduction
- Association of Southern Urologists - India
- Karnataka Urology Association (KUA)
- Bangalore Urology Society (BUS)
- Association of Medical Consultants (AMC) Bangalore
- Association of National Board Accredited Institutions (ANBAI) Alumni
Dr. Pramod Krishnappa with Prof Mulhall MSKCC
Dr Pramod Krishnappa received the Millenium International Urology Conference (MIUC) Travelling fellowship from the Association of Southern Urologists (ASU) India which he did under Prof John Mulhall , Director of Men’s Sexual and Reproductive Medicine at the Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center (MSKCC) NewYork.
MSKCC is the world’s first & largest private cancer centre. At this iconic centre, Dr Pramod Krishnappa gained expertise in OncoFertility and OncoSexology to address fertility and sexual concerns in young and elderly patients with pelvic cancers (testicular cancer, prostate cancer, bladder cancer and colorectal cancer.)
Dr. Pramod Krishnappa at UIC Chicago
Dr Pramod Krishnappa was a Visiting Fellow in Andrology at the University of Illinois at Chicago (UIC), USA under Prof Dr Craig Niederberger. Prof Niederberger was then the Editor-in-chief of the prestigious “Fertility Sterility” Journal , the official journal of the American Society for Reproductive Medicine (ASRM).
Dr Pramod Krishnappa received vast clinical exposure in medical and surgical management of Male Infertility including microscopic surgeries and surgical sperm retrieval.
Dr. Pramod Krishnappa at Madrid, Spain
Dr Pramod Krishnappa received the European Society for Sexual Medicine (ESSM) Penile Implant Fellowship in 2018 to get trained extensively in medical and surgical management of Erectile dysfunction, Peyronie’s disease, Post-Prostatectomy Urinary Incontinence.
Dr Pramod Krishnappa received hands-on experience in Penile Implant surgery, Peyronie’s Grafting technique, Male urethral sling and Artificial Urinary Sphincter (AUS) surgeries at these high volume centres under Prof Ignacio Moncada at Hospital Universitario La Zarzuela, Prof Juan Ignacio Martinez-Salamanca at Lyx Institute of Urology and Prof Enrique Lledo-Garcia at Hospital Universitario Gregorio Maranon in Madrid , Spain.
Dr. Pramod Krishnappa at Belgrade
Dr. Pramod Krishnappa received the European Urology Scholarship Program (EUSP) award from European Association of Urology (EAU) to visit a clinical centre of excellence for 3 months. Dr Pramod Krishnappa chose to visit Sava Perovic Foundation in Belgrade (Serbia) and assisted Dr Rados Djinovic in various adult and pediatric complex penile reconstructive and gender reassignment surgeries.
Dr Rados Djinovic was then the Chairman of European Society of GenitoUrinary Reconstructive Surgeons (ESGURS).
Know your Erection & Ejaculation score